About Online InstructionONLINE COURSE SUCCESS
- General Information
- Are Online Courses Right for You?
- Being Successful Online
- Online Success Survey
- Explanation of Online Success Factors
- The Importance of Communication
- Getting Comfortable With Online Learning
Getting Comfortable With Online Learning
What we know from research is that there is usually an adjustment period for most students as they learn the rhythm and patterns of online communication. Here are some tips for getting comfortable:
- Do take time to review all the help files available.
- Do spend some time just navigating your way through the class and making sure you can figure out what the buttons are for.
- Do manage your time. You'll find that your time management skills will be critical in an online class. Why? Because it's very easy to spend either far too little time, or far too much time on the class. Set designated blocks of time to work on the class. This will help you stay up with the assignments and with the interaction required in most online classes.
- Download or print out pages for reference and review away from the computer.
- Set priorities and pay close attention to what your instructor says about priorities.
- And ask right away for help if something isn't going right, whether it's a technical issue or something to do with the class environment. Don't waste time trying to solve a problem; just visit http://www.onlinegwc.org/helpdesk or call (714) 895-8389 between the hours of 8 a.m and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.